Monday, March 10, 2014

A Time Saving Recipe to Try

After a fun filled weekend, great weather and enjoying an extra hour of daylight, reality slapped us in the face this morning. It was still dark when the alarm clock sounded and needless to say no one at my house (myself included) wanted to rise and shine.

Reflecting on the weekend, a big part of my Saturday was the fun and fellowship that I enjoyed at the Fairhope Sunset Rotary's inaugural BBQ & Brew Cookoff. The event was to benefit the United Veterans of Alabama.










Teams of Backyard Barbequers and Home Beer Brewers offered samples as they vied for the most tickets which determined awards for their efforts. Great music, plenty of fun for the children and an impressive show of support from local businesses and the community.













With BBQ on the brain and pork being my preference, I remembered a quick and easy pork chop recipe that a friend shared with me last week:

Quick & Easy Parmesan Baked Pork Chops

This recipe is from Janet Crow and can be found on www.justapinch.com

I plan on making the best of this Monday by taking advantage of the buy one, get one free boneless center cut pork chops at Winn Dixie and enjoying a little extra daylight before dinner! 

5 comments:

  1. I hate we missed this event. We saw the signs but didn't quite know what it was. . .we are some lovers of craft beer for sure and it sounds like it was a good cause to boot. Thanks for the recipe recommendation, it sounds delish.
    It was really nice meeting you today and I look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great event for it being the first one. Great place to have it with lots of room to expand on. I look forward to attending next year's BBQ & Brew!

      Delete
  2. Beth Anne, It was great to meet you today. I am enjoying viewing your blog. It will take a while to view your past posts and get to know you better. I look forward to learning more about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! I know there are not enough hours in the day to read all there is - still cutting my teeth on the blog world!!!

      Delete
  3. hi Beth Anne, it was great meeting you and everyone the other day in your beautiful Fairhope! I look forward to future events and keeping up with you through the Eat Beat~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete