Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Place is NOT moving next to Piggly Wiggly

The establishment that is scheduled to open later this month in the Plantation Pointe Shopping Center is PLOW.

I sat down with Bobby Kilpatrick and Robert Yarbrough recently to get the 411 on what was really going on and plans for the future. 

Below is a copy of the article that was published in the April 1st Eat Beat (no April Foolin' here!)
Bobby Kilpatrick & Robert Yarbrough of My Place

My Place, the bar in Downtown Fairhope is closing. Yes, closing. This dive bar at the corner of Bancroft and Equality which many have come to know and love will be history at the end of the month. The individuals that own the property on which the building is located have a different vision for what they want to see happen in that space. Simply stated, their vision does not include a bar.
After attempts to find another location downtown, owners Robert Yarbrough and Bobby Kilpatrick have accepted the fact that My Place is just not meant to be - right now. The main concern throughout this whole process has been their employees - their work family.
These people worked long hours together, they played together. They have traditional nuclear families which include spouses and children and My Place has provided these people the opportunity to earn a living. This team, these families, were the catalyst fueling My Place owners to relentlessly pursue a way to continue to provide them with this opportunity.
Kilpatrick, along with two other partners, is putting the finishing touches on another business that is located on the east side of Highway 98. The name of that business is Plow. It is a bar and it will also be a music venue that will regularly feature artists from all over the Southeast.
Yarbrough, who also owns The Wash House in Point Clear, is opening another restaurant in Mobile called The Noble South. It is located on Dauphin Street near Bienville Square. It should open around the same time Plow is scheduled to open.
Both Kilpatrick and Yarbrough are at peace with the way things have panned out. They are pleased to be able to provide continual employment for their work families and relieved to have the luxury of time on their side to resurrect My Place.
So, for now, My Place is lying in wait. The beloved bar will make a comeback. When the time is right.
Robert and Bobby K would also like to invite you to join them and their staff as they make plans for the ultimate and final celebration of five wonderful years of business. Three days of fun and frolic will kick off on Thursday, April 24th with the 5th Annual Beast Feast - an adventure in grilling with free food for everyone. Live entertainment is scheduled for Friday, April 25th with one last hip hip hurrah for the My Place as we know it on Saturday, April 26th.
My Place, 68 North Bancroft, Fairhope (251) 928-1300 • Facebook “My Place Downtown”

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure their new places will be wonderful. Good luck to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a preview of PLOW the other day - they have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you happen to know what may be moving into My Place after they close?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard ice cream shop maybe, but that's unconfirmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for Plow to arrive, but I'm sad to hear there won't be a MyPlace for at least a little while. I'm friends with Bobby and know how hard he's been working on both of these ventures. I know Plow will be a success and am sure the eats will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love me some Bobby K and Yardbird. Both will be fine, but I will miss them together.

    ReplyDelete